Monday 25 February 2013

What's On

A quick run-down of my current stock:

  • On daft, there is the easy drinking house lager - brewed out of a Coopers lager kit - with an extra 500g of light malt and a half ounce of Mt Hood hops added for aroma. Brewed with a Fermentis lager yeast at the right kind of temperature (cold fermented, in the coldest room in the (undeniably cold) house). Very good indeed!
  • Latest brew: New Belgium Fat Tire clone. I had this beer in Vegas last year, and its incredibly more-ish. My attempt is good - but came out dangerously strong. Not a midweek beer. Warm good feeling to New Belgium Brewing - awesome beer and great alternative attitude to running a business.
  • Then (as I recall) Westamale Extra tribute beer. The real stuff is only brewed for the monks to have with dinner - its about 5%. My Recipe
  • A "Belgian Special" Made with a Wilko Beer Kit with home-made candi sugar (loads of) - probably around 7.5%.
  • An exceedingly dark (oops) German Altbier - brewed before I got my Altbier book, and with an English ale yeast. a total mish-mash and really all over the place - but one of my favourite brews. Not much left, sadly.
  • Belgian Abbey Beer - intended to be a bit like Chimay. Not like Chimay but really good stuff - again, not much left (sad face). It comes in 75cl old Lucozade bottles. First of the new brewing craze, and used out-of-date hops - but none the worse for it. First beer to use home-made candi syrup.
Six beers. Need more. Plagued by dark  fear of running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment